Do you have a router?

Using the same technique and a straight cutting router bit measure from the
cutting edge of the router bit to the pivot point and off you go.

You may find it helpful to form a sort of box like an open ended wrench to
settle the router base into for additional security and if at all thick you
should probably do it in a couple of passes of increasing depth but it does
do a superb job.

If you have a router table and enough room you can make a jig like that
often used for a band saw and do it that way as well.

Finally of course you can use a jig saw but it will not make as sweet a cut.
I have not had much luck mounting the shoe plate to a stick and it is
necessary that the leading edge of the blade is kept pretty well in line
with the pivot point but if the guiding board is wide enough to keep the
shoe easily parallel with it's end then this can work well too.

I have used both a jig saw and a router for that sort of task but prefer the
router.

I think in your situation I would first cut the plywood in half so as to
preserve the unnecessary cut.

How thick a sheet are you cutting and why that size? Inquiring minds want to
know.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens