  From: mark
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 1:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] removing air from heating system

  it seems to be about a 30 year old system it has 1 zone as i said which
  after the pump
  takes a bunch of y's to several differant rooms in the home
  i had this also confirmed by someone who is sited just incase i was missing
  the valves in the road map of pipes
  the system is a black iron pipe from the stoker to the heating units the
  black pipe goes to the floor then there is a inch and a quarter fitting from
  black pipe to 3 quarter copper for the base board and stays black pipe to
  all radiators
  it seems to have had all radiator heat at some time because i had found the
  holes in the hard wood flooring that would have served for radiators seems
  like at some point the system may have frose and bursted the lower level
  radiators then the system of base board was added
  radiators are like gold in my area and very costly to replace
  when i open all the bleeder valves on the second floor i get a steady stream
  of hot watter had these open for quite a while with several people and many
  5 gallon buckets catching the water in hope of getting some air out not sure
  what else to try need some thoughts thanks mark