Sighted people look at things to see them, but they just don't get 
that we are looking with our fingers. I ask them... So, didn't you 
look at the table to see what it looked like?

As for shopping in the dark, I have no qualms about asking sales 
people to open a package to let me see what is inside. I tell them 
that if it is what I want I will buy it, and if it isn't, then they 
have a package that is open which is what they would have if I bought 
it and had to bring it back. I also ask them, would you buy something 
that you didn't look at?
ERERERERER...
Betsy]
  At 11:24 AM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

>it isn't just us guys.
>My wife comments on how folks use cleanser and it looks clean; but it
>leaves grit that to her feels the same as what she cleans to remove.
>But we all know the other side is that stains don't have texture in all
>instances.
>
>I notice what I can without crawling around under the table during a
>dinner party. But times when I have, not all of the legs belonged to the
>table, and not all of the owners of those stocking clad examples of fine
>art minded my seeing how they were jointed.
>Okay, just kidding.
>
>On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Robert J. Moore wrote:
>
> > Earlier Lenny wrote
> >
> > I
> > am always getting yelled at for feeling how things are made. I can't sit
> > next to a table without checking
> > out the joinery.
> > ---
> > Lenny I feel your pain.
> > People I go shopping with to the hardware store are always giving me a hard
> > time about always touching every thing.
> > Am I the only one that has to put up with this noncence? That is kind of
> > like having your sighted friends over to look at the fish in your aquarium
> > and having the tank covered with a tarp.
> > Ya wright go to a hardware store and keep your hands to your self?
> > Any good rebuttles?
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>




To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to