Robert,

Hmmmm, What will a 4.3 GM v6 fit?
My experience with that particular drive package is
extremely limited. The best answer I can give you is check
with one of your local dismantlers and have them look it up
in there interchange software. My El Camino started it's
life with the 2.8 version of that same motor but by the time
it came to me there was a huge hole in the side of the block
where #3 piston had attempted an escape and the entire
assembly including the trans ended up in the scrap trailer.
No matter what direction you choose here are some things to
consider.

1. Make sure that the motor runs well before you install it.
This will save you a lot of grief and time on the back end
of your project.
2. Going from truck to SUV or passenger car it may be
necessary to change external components such as oil-pans
exhaust manifolds, alternator, power steering and air
conditioning mount brackets. You may also end up making or
modifying motor mounts.
3. We haven't even began to discuss computer controls,
linkages or cooling system mods.
This list can serve as a pretty good resource. Remember this
is where I learned the easy way to cut a 14-inch diameter
whole in my hood and got some really good fiber-glass 101
information.
Keep me posted on your progress.

Regards

Larry Stansifer