Ok guys,

I guess it is my turn to take a shot at some of this here
Bob Vila home improvement stuff.
I just purchased an investment property that needs a little
work. I have already done a hot-water heater, a toilet and
sink and the troops are finishing up the vinal flooring and
carpeting to-day. Not about to tackle that one, pure black
magic in my book.
My next undertaking is going to be the front porch. It is 8
feet wide and 16 feet long with steps leading up to either
end of it. The construction is a 2x8 framework on what I
think you guys call 4 foot centers. The attaching board on
the side of the house, the 2x8 running the 8 foot width to
another big ass plank and the supporting 4x4s all appear to
be in really good shape. The problem is the 3/4 plywood
decking. moisture has gotten between the indoor-outdoor
carpeting and the decking and it is getting a bit weak.
Replacing the decking appears to be pretty strait foreword
even for a guy who just recently learned how to spell
"wood." My question is how the hell do I lay out the steps?
The ones that are there now look like they were hung on as
an after thought and I really don't want to try to use them
as a template.
This is way different than anything I have ever attempted so
please laugh quietly and keep the directions on a remedial
level. Trust me gang... if the contractor that built my deck
for me in trade for a transmission rebuild needed any work
on his Corvette we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Tools, I own a circular saw of unknown origin, a saws-all, a
14 inch chop saw a Dewalt cordless 18.8 volt drill and a
whole bunch of tools that won't work on wood.
*Enjoy the laugh and thanks for any help you can provide.*

Regards
 

Larry Stansifer 



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/86xolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to