Knob and tube has long been obsolete although there is still a lot of it 
around. I pulled most of it out of this house fifteen years ago now but 
there is still a little on the top floor.

Once finished it is very difficult to work with because you cant often 
figure out where the return leg of the circuit is.


Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens
Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lenny McHugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Handyman-Blind" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:00 PM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] knob and post other use


> Dale,
> I believe that knob and post wiring is still popular in Canada.
> A few years ago I located a partial filled box of the insulator tubes 
> that go through the Joyce.
> These make absolutely the best knife sharpener that I ever had.
> As a kid I remember my mother using the bottom of a coffee cup as a knife 
> sharpener so I tried the ceramic tube. I slid it over a dowel rod to hold 
> it. By using alternate strokes top and bottom with the blade on about a 15 
> degree angle, it is fantastic.
> By pulling the blade towards yourself and also  pulling it across first 
> the top then the bottom, the knife gets extremely sharp.
> When I first toyed with this I sharpened all of Karen's knives. Big 
> mistake. When I washed and dried them I sliced her drying towel. She was 
> happy with the sharp knives but not with the shredded towel.
>
> Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> To listen to the show archives go to link
> http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
> or
> ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
> The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
> http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
> The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
> http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
> Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various 
> List Members At The Following address:
> http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>
> Visit the new archives page at the following address
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man 
> list just send a blank message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.412 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/700 - Release Date: 24/02/2007
>
> 



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/86xolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to