  From: martin webster
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:42 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] are there no plumbers in the group?

  t Hi all,
  tIt seems to me that there are plenty of psychologists on this group and not
many plumbers. Of course jenifer can stop this type of thing, and this would
depend up on where the outside tap/faucet is situated. If a stand pipe is being
used, then the easist way is to remove the tap/faucet handle. In some cases you
maybe able to do the same as what I recommend below, this is very much
dependent on whether you can get at the pipe work though, and your own skills.
A good plumber would all ways be able to do somethin. Just wait whilst the
children are at school. If the tap/faucet is attached to the outside wall of
the house, and you can get at the pipe work, from the inside of the house, then
fit an isolation valve of the type that can only be turned with a screw driver
from inside your house. This is a compression joint, and is really easy to fit,
they are known over here as 180 degree flip valves,. as stated earlier, Just
wait until the children are at school and fit
  one, it's amazing to here what they have to say when they try to work out
what's happened to the interupted water supply. I have all ways fitted this
type of valve, and yes children will play with water, it's common knowledge.
This is common practice in the UK, on all water outlets. Especially on outside
taps.
  Warm regards, or should I say cold regards on whom gets squirted first
hehehehe smile.
  Martin Webster.
  From the UK.