there is a file on the handyman file site with de mentions for a good 
amount of birds.
jim
At 05:42 PM 5/22/2007, you wrote:

>Hi Dale,
>The one link that I used is
><http://library.fws.gov/Bird_Publications/house.html>http://library.fws.gov/Bird_Publications/house.html
>It has a lot of information. I just took a quick look and I see a way to get
>rid of some of my sawdust. They like a concrete and sawdust mix to make some
>houses. That makes it squirrel proof.
>Like you I have been thinking about using plastic flower boxes inside. I
>also thought about lining the inside with plastic sheets. That reminds me I
>should post that on another tip.
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Dale Leavens" <<mailto:dleavens%40puc.net>[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <<mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>[email protected]>
>Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:08 PM
>Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Birdhouse planter
>
>Thanks Lenny,
>
>Do you have any links to bird house sizes and dimensions?
>
>I think I will try to buy a number of plastic tubs about 4 inches by 18 to
>24 inches to suspend between the long sides of your plan without using a
>bottom to keep dirt and water off of the wood. I made a big flower box like
>that several years ago which is really just a frame large enough to hide 4
>plastic boxes suspended in it. I think this would be a good approach to this
>project as well. I thought I might then make the bird houses as independent
>structures which would also just slot into the frame although I might also
>use them to add structure but either way I want them to be appropriately
>sized to be attractive to birds.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
><mailto:DLeavens%40puc.net>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Skype DaleLeavens
>Come and meet Aurora, Nakita and Nanook at our polar bear habitat.
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>To listen to the show archives go to link
><http://acbradio.org/handyman.html>http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
><ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
><http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
><http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
>List Members At The Following address:
><http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
><http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/>http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list
>just send a blank message to:
><mailto:blindhandyman-help%40yahoogroups.com>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.6/814 - Release Date: 
>5/21/2007 2:01 PM



To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to