Hi Tom
I am in the process of making a winch mount to winch in my Van into the
back shed.
What I found was very little information on breaking strain on wire rope
from a large warehouse, that sold rope by the foot
So I decided to use my boat winch but needed to take of the old rope and
replace it with a larger diameter rope and also longer.
I used rope clamps and a shackle and bolted the support frame I made to
the floor this has a two inch square tube which is vertical  and then
bolted my winch at the height of the draw bar.
I replaced my jockey wheel with a ten inch wheel so it would run more
easily over  grass.
I am going to pull it in this time draw bar first but as soon as I get a
bumper bar made for the rear I am going to pull it in backwards.
This then will allow us to hook it straight up to the towing vehicle.
As this is over a ton the easier it is the better.
 
Regards
Ray
 
 

________________________________

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Fowle
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2007 09:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Re: [BlindHandyMan} article about wire:



Hey Ray,
This was a great article, more than any of us need to know
about wire, very interesting

Everything I see on sail boats these days is stainless and so far as I
know
wire cored. Mostly swedge fittings although I know one guy with old
fashioned
ideas who uses spliced eyes in his standing rigging and does his own 
repairs him self with a rigging vice and a fid.

Thanks
tom



 

**********************************************************************
This message and its attachments may contain legally
privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the e-mail.

Any content of this message and its attachments which
does not relate to the official business of Eraring Energy
must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by
Eraring Energy. No warranty is made that the e-mail or
attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.
**********************************************************************



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to