Since we're on the subject of pouring concrete I have a project that could use an informed tip. The sidewalk section that butts up to the bottom of my concrete steps into the house is badly shifted and I want to replace it with a newly poured section.
The shifted section is 36" by 24" and of course there are two adjacent sections of sidewalk as well as the steps. I was hoping I could just put a board where the "naked" side of this sidewalk section is and pour new concrete, but I'm not sure what I should do about the neighboring concrete; the two pre-existing sidewalk sections and the bottom of the steps. Can I pour the new concrete so it's in contact with the three older items or do I need to put some type of separating material between them? If I need to put some type of separating material between the new concrete and the old what would be best to use and how thick would it need to be? I would imagine that if I need some type of separator the thinner the better (to a point of course)? ---------------- Bill Gallik E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] God made man before woman so as to give him time to think of an answer for her first question. * * * * * * * - "The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible." - George Burns To listen to the show archives go to link http://acbradio.org/handyman.html or ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/ The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is. http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is. http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List Members At The Following address: http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/ Visit the new archives page at the following address http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
