I think it will do just that my friend.
David Ferrin
Personal Email Address
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] fraud is close to real, attention please!


I completely forgot this forwarding address. Thanks.
I buy handyman type thing with it, Dave; so I hope it will help.


On Wed, 23 May 2007, Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press wrote:

> Aloha listers,
> One of the clues is that any email from PayPal that is real will have
> your name in it,. I know this is off topic but I had to respond. The
> address to send such emails to is:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Betsy
> At 09:26 AM 5/23/2007, you wrote:
>
>> We have talked about fraud before, on list; I think.
>> I mention this for the awareness of other online shoppers and paypal
>> users.
>> Please read.
>>
>> I received an email
>> from <mailto:paypal%40paypal.com>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> The subject line was either "You have sent a payment" or "electronic 
>> funds
>> transfer".
>> it said I had just sent a given amoutn to an email.
>> It said that if I didn't approve this transaction, to "click here".
>> It stated that since I used my bank account that the funds were sent
>> without delay.
>> The rest of the email was as one would expect.
>> Of course I flipped as I didn't recognize the email address and it didn't
>> come close to any of the dozen I have used recently or regularly.
>> So I logued in and checked my account, by typing the paypal into a new
>> brouser window. The trans wasn't on my account.
>> So I looked at a recent "electronic funds transfer" email from paypal and
>> found this:
>> First, the real email will say "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as sender.
>> Secondly it says "to view transaction details click here" and after that
>> the two emails, real and fraudulent were exactly the same.
>> So since it concerned me, a rather *jaded privacy and security freak! I
>> figured I'd hopefully give valid warning to anyone wise enough to read
>> this.
>> sorry if it's concise, but I'm tight for time.
>> Read it through, I think it's all there.
>>
>>
>
>
>



To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to