Seems to me there should be some type of electronic sniffer. Maybe the gas
company could tell you where to get such an animal.
I think there is some thing for automotive applications that will sniff out
leaks of some sort. I wonder if that would work for natural gas. Perhaps
some one on the list can clarify this for me.
Because as Larry so eloquently put it, I am probably talking out of my 33rd
vertebra.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Shane Hecker
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] gas? hell yes I got gas

The house I'm moving into has natural gas for the central heat and water
heater. There were some old heaters in the bathroom which were also gas, but
they have been removed. Obviously, the gas had to be turned off during the
removal process. The pipe that fed these heaters has been capped off. The
gas has not been turned back on yet, and may not be until after I move in.
The gas is turned off at the meter, and I know how to turn it back on.
Question is how does a totally blind person find a gas leak? Smell is an
easy answer. I also know soappy water on a gas line will make bubbles if
there is a leak. It goes without saying I'm concerned about the area where
the pipe has been capped off. Are the bubbles created by soappy water big
enough to feel in this instance or is there another solution? Thanks.

Shane



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to