I have called the company that  originally built our stairs   in either
1979 or 78. they were installed in 1979 by the previous owner as I
stated before.  all but one person who worked at that time is retired
but what I found out from this company from Philmont,NY is these stairs
were poured with either Atlas or Saint Lawerence  cement , both mined in
this Columbia County in New York. it was mixed ffrom  also a local mason
sand which is still an active sand run. it is further noted by these
folks they used a fine chicken wire stock  in the  moldings or whatever.
again, yesterday I had someone look at two outside set of stairs and our
basement or cellar stairs which are protected by the weather and there
is No cracks or faults in  the stairs. so I guess what I am saying.
maybe we go t lucky and maybe it was in the mix from the original
project. Lee

--
This file will self-destruct in five minutes.