  From: Lenny McHugh
  To: Blind Handyman
  Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 2:16 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] drill very small hole

  I need to drill a very small hole in part of a Christmas decoration. Karen
  had this snowman that I accidentally broke off an arm.
  The way that they were attached was with very small eye hooks. I have some
  fine wire about the same thickness 22 or 24 gauge.
  I figured that I could clamp the broken part in my drill press vise and
  drill a thin hole. then twist the wire to the body and epoxy it into the
  arm. Sounded like a workable plan until I can not put the bit into my drill
  press. It has a 5/8 chuck and will not close tight enough to hold the fine
  bit. I have an old 1/4" drill. I was thinking about removing the chuck and
  placing the bit in that chuck then chucking up the 1/4" in the drill press.
  Any other suggestions?. Oh! while writing this I wonder if I put a lot of
  tape around the bit if it would hold in the drill press?
  Lenny, Please visit my home page http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
  It's motivating, humorous and has a lot of resources.