From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:17 PM
To: Blind Handyman
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] drill very small hole

I need to drill a very small hole in part of a Christmas decoration. Karen
had this snowman that I accidentally broke off an arm.
The way that they were attached was with very small eye hooks. I have some
fine wire about the same thickness  22 or 24 gauge.
I figured that I could clamp the broken part in my drill press vise and
drill a thin hole. then twist the wire to the body and epoxy it into the
arm. Sounded like a workable plan until I can not put the bit into my drill
press. It has a 5/8 chuck and will not close tight enough to hold the fine
bit. I have an old 1/4" drill. I was thinking about removing the chuck and
placing the bit in that chuck then chucking up the 1/4" in the drill press.
Any other suggestions?. Oh! while writing this I wonder if I put a lot of
tape around the bit if it would hold in the drill press?
Lenny, Please visit my home page http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
It's motivating, humorous and has a lot of resources.

To listen to the show archives go to link  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information: http://www.jaws-users.com/ For a complete list
of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list just send a blank
message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail (ID 149140961) is spam:
Spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149140961&m=92b4d899e0a1&c=s
Not spam:
https://spamtrap.infowest.com/canit/b.php?i=149140961&m=92b4d899e0a1&c=n