I don't see any reason to tape the insulation unless it is close to rubbing on 
some metal.  It will likely last quite a while but changing is the only real 
cure.
Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Matt 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 11:26 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Battery cable question


  Hello,
  I just checked and filled the batteries on our cart.
  Then I checked the cables to make sure all was ok with them.
  One jumper, was loose at one end, meaning that the nut on the post was not 
tightened down enough.
  No big deal there, I fixed that.
  However, one of the main leads is starting to show signs of future trouble.
  This is a main wire from the cart itself.
  Let me look at notes and see if I have the color noted.
  Yes, this is a red cable.
  It is one of two red cables but the other is a small red lead which probably 
has to do with the radio, fan and lights package.
  However, the problem I am seeing is with the fat red one, which is probably 
your main cable.
  All other cables and jumpers are black.
  What I am seeing with the fat red one is a beginning of a pull away of the 
ring/connector up at the top.
  It is separation from the ring and the rubber or plastic housing or conduit 
around the wire itself.
  What can or do I need to do about this?
  I can probably get help from others who are sighted, but, until I can do 
that, should I tape that area?
  Also, tell me what I need to do in general.
  My in-laws are diesel drivers and mechanics, and when we break a cable, and 
need help on the spot, and don't have a spare, they will poke a hole in the 
wire and make it work and say that this is better than the original flimsy 
rings, and I have heard that from others as well, but I like the idea of being 
able to get it fixed right.
  Thanks for any forthcoming answers.

  Matt

  Joel 2:11
  The LORD gives voice before His army,
  For His camp is very great;
  For strong is the One who executes His word.

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to