  From: Lenny McHugh
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:51 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] tractors

  Hi Robert,
  Thinking about that problem I have one possibility, assuming that there is
  nothing but field to mow. One day, quite a few years ago I was at the local
  football field when they were mowing. They had a small tractor towing two
  gang mowers cutting about a 15 foot path. They first went down the sideline
  then turned right and across to the other sideline. Now another right turn
  and down the sideline followed by a fourth right completing the perimeter.
  Then a smaller and smaller rectangle was cut.
  I only have some knowledge about Trekker the talking gps unit. I think it
  would be possible to create pois, points of interest around the field. When
  you would be lined up at the first corner you could have this unit direct
  you to the first poi which would be at the far end of the field. When you
  got there you could turn and have it direct you to the second point. In this
  free mode the unit will guide you like a compass. Following this type of
  pattern you should be able to cut the field and at the end have it direct
  you to the starting point.
  Lenny