I love creative solutions, especially when they are economical. Maybe when those sighted folks are driving bby to go to the store to buy sandbags for their flooding homes, they'll figure out how brilliant you are. Perhaps you could start a new trend, grin... Betsy At 04:23 AM 9/9/2008, you wrote:
>Many of you have heard me discuss on this list about my use of sump >pumps in my house. Well I finally got real smart just before that Hanna >storm showed up. the O D of my downspouts is 3 1/2 inches so I >bought 3 teen foot four inch" I D " of sewer pipe. I have a 30 stretch >of gutter across the back of the house and two shorter ones in the >front. well now each of the three down spouts has a ten foot section of >sewer pipe connected, thus dumping all this ongoing rain out ten >more feet from the house. and of course away from the foundation.. Today >it has been raining since very early this morning and under previous >circumstances at least one if not two of my pumps would be pumping. the >moral of this story is that I am saving on electricity and saving on >pump activity. What do I care how it looks to have three sections of >sewer pipe for sighted folks to see as they drive by. however, in a dry >spell I can simply slide these pipe sections off and put them in the >back yard.. Oh, and all three of these pieces of pipe cost less than >$30 . Lee > >-- >1/2 oz. gin >1/2 oz. vodka >1/2 oz. rum (preferably dark) >3/4 oz. tequilla >1/2 oz. triple sec >1/2 oz. orange juice >3/4 oz. sour mix >1/2 oz. cola >shake with ice and strain into frosted glass. >Long Island Iced Tea >Come and chat with me at #quietzone on irc.newnet.net > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
