  From: Agent86b
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:21 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Coat MDF

  Hi all,
  I have just built a new work bench.
  For the top I have used a sheet of around 1inch thick MDF. I would
  like to put some sort of coating on this top.
  Can I use the old mixture of half Linseed Oil and half mineral Turps?
  If so is there any likelihood of the turps interfering with the glue
  in the MDF?
  I don't wish to use varnish or paint, as that is more expensive than
  the way I propose. The reason I wish to put something on it at all is
  just to help stop stuff soaking in to the MDF.
  Thanks for any advice.
  Max.