From: "Larry Stansifer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:17 PM
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] drainingg and refilling antifreeze

Mark,

This is probably a better question for Bob but here is my two cents worth
from the corner.

The only way that you can drain that system is by removing the lower
radiator hose and stand by for the inevitable shower. There should be some
kind of a filler type cap or fitting on the top of the radiator core however
it will in no way resemble the RAD caps we are used to. Now instead of
having a traditional upper tank and pressure cap on the radiator there is an
expansion or overflow tank. When an engine overheats the coolant is forced
up a hose into this tank rather than running out on the ground. Finally
there should be a fitting on top of the thermostat housing to purge the air.
Honestly my friend I would probably take it to a trusted technician because
now days you can get hung for not disposing of coolant in the government
approved manner. Secondly pulling the hose doesn't always get all of the old
coolant out of the motor and finally if you don't get all of the air out of
the system it can create an air-lock that could cost you a motor.
The current state of the industry is to suction the old coolant out of the
system, replace the thermostat and refill with fresh coolant.
I have done this job using the lower hose and bucket routine but it is no
fun and I do not recommend it.