John, a radial arm saw will not do as many angle functions.  It will take a
bigger cross-cut than a miter saw.  A radial arm saw is accurate on cutoffs and
ripping lengthwise and can be set up very fast for those and also doing dado
work.
     The miter saw will cut bevel angle cuts and can be set up in seconds to do
that kind of cut, and they are accurate.  My sears will do a bevel compound cut
at up to 60 degrees angle on a 2x12 and easily cut 6x6's.
     My radial is used in my shop where as my sliding compound miter saw
travels on a stand with wheels and pullout extensions to hold lumber.  With the
hand holds I can carry it or roll it, much sooner rolling.