  From: Lee A. Stone
  To: Blind Handyman
  Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:23
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] reparing a solid concrete wall

  I have a few new cracks in the wall a couple of them are verticl and
  run from the top of the wall down to the floor. this solid concrete wall
  . only goes to ground level andthen there is three layers of cinder
  block. . the worst problem is a maybe 6 foot long new crack that has
  opened up which is horizontal . that crack is wide and deep a few feet
  it is as much as 5 inches deep and open almost 3 inches . so here is my
  plan and tell me what you think. the deepest part of that crack I was
  thinking of spraying in foam insulation . to do two things. to help fill
  the gap but maybe also to give the new concrete something to bind to
  if that makes sense. I know the deep crack or ther others must be damp
  first so the old concretedoes not suck out the water / moisture from
  what we put in. this all should make a good winter project as there is
  some heat in the basement. . I could let it all go but then like a
  neighbor get charged some $20,000 to replace the wall. Lee

  --
  Q: How many Californians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?