  From: Claudia
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:12 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Battery Charger!

  Hi,

  We just had a nasty experience. We have a battery charger, and I was charging
a set of 4 AA batteries. I left to the store, and My fiance said that he heard
two pops, like when you pop bubble wrap. When I came home to unplug the
charging unit, there was battery acid dripping down from it.
  I don't think the charger will work anymore; I'm assuming that I should toss
it out?

  I need to know if the outlet where the charger was plugged in may have been
affected? How do I know if that outlet still works?

  Thanks.

  Claudia