The SawStop is designed with the sudden stop in mind, so I don't believe
there is much worry of damage to the motor.  Another part of what actually
happens is that the blade assembly, is mounted on a pivot, so that when
the bar slams into the blade, angular momentum yanks the blade down below
the table.  That's how it was described to me anyway.

Bob, wow, the guy actually used his finger?  Now that is serious
confidence in the design.  I didn't know about that video.  Pretty damn
impressive.  I'll have to look it up on youtube.

  --
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi