From: "Bob Kennedy" <inthes...@att.net>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Table saw injury report.

The problem I see with allowing the technology to become a requirement is it
won't be long and some idiot will have stuck his hand into a band saw or a
planer and they'll think everyone needs some kind of instant stop on every
machine.

Clint Eastwood said it best. "A man's got to know his limitations."

I had a shop opened when some clown picked up a lawn mower and tried to trim
his hedges with it.  The law suit that came about closed down a fairly large
company and cause all the safety junk to get added on and raise the price
accordingly.  You know the handle you hold on a walk behind and when you let
go the engine is supposed to stop instantly.  Well, it didn't take long and
everyone found they could tie a rope around the bale and the mower was like
the good old mowers.

You can turn off the Saw Stop as well so you can see the loop this starts.