On 1/29/24 2:44 AM, 'Noam Rosenthal' via blink-dev wrote:

On Friday, January 26, 2024 at 5:15:28 PM UTC Vladimir Levin wrote:

    On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 4:27 AM Noam Rosenthal
    <nrose...@chromium.org> wrote:

        Finch feature nameNone

        Non-finch justification

        It's a web-API, exposing it gradually doesn't make sense.

    I'm always unsure about this, but I believe "Finch feature name"
    is the flag you'd put in runtime_enabled_features.json5. It can be
    used by Finch as a kill-switch in case the feature causes some
    regression in the wild. For this feature, the chrome:://flags flag
    isn't there though (correct me if I'm wrong)

According to these guidelines: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/third_party/blink/renderer/platform/RuntimeEnabledFeatures.md#guidelines-for-setting-feature-status Finch + base:: features are used only for things that can cause compat issues, not so much for new web APIs. I was following this guideline, if something else is required here I'd be happy to follow up.

See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/flag_guarding_guidelines.md#when-is-a-flag-required. The new guidance (since Aug 2022) is to add a flag for ~mostly everything.