On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 9:37 AM Vladimir Levin <vmp...@google.com> wrote:

> It's good to know that QuillJS seems to be addressing their issue in 2.0,
> although the currently published stable version is still 1.x. I just wanted
> to verify the timeline for disabling these features. The trial is for
> 124-134 and the feature will be turned off by default in 127. Sounds
> reasonable to me, but I'd encourage checking whether QuillJS ships to 2.0
> in the 127 timeframe :)

I 100% agree. I have been trying to follow up
<https://github.com/quilljs/quill/issues/3806#issuecomment-1886077331> with
that team to see what the timeline looks like. But more importantly, I did
my own testing and I can't see any negative effects on QuillJS pre-2.0 with
Mutation Events disabled. So my hope is that even if the timeline doesn't
line up, things might be "ok".

That's another important thing: I've been running locally with Mutation
Events disabled completely for about 4 months now, and I have yet to notice
anything broken. That's anecdotal, but makes me feel a bit better that
perhaps even if there is usage on a site, it might not be critical or
noticable.

Thanks,
Mason