Sorry for the delay.

I am not sure if there is any interest from developers. The spec was
updated last  April [1]. I started this from the spec change and the
related crbug.

I filed an issue[2] last week and got a comment[3] in WebKit. The
reviewer's worry would be that the lifetime of these objects is not
carefully defined and as such when they return null and non-null can end up
varying in edge cases.

I thought this was very clear to be changed in spec that CSSOM was not
matched with at-rule behavior and it has low compat risk.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/8608
[2] https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/325
[3]
https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/325#issuecomment-1966698090