Thanks on both fronts, Stefan!

On 3/15/24 8:37 PM, Stefan Zager wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 6:29 AM Mike Taylor <miketa...@chromium.org> wrote:

    On 3/14/24 6:29 PM, Stefan Zager wrote:

    On Thu, Mar 14, 2024, 3:13 PM Mike Taylor
    <miketa...@chromium.org> wrote:

        On 3/14/24 1:17 PM, Stefan Zager wrote:

        /WebKit/: No signal
        Can we request a signal?

    It strikes me as odd to request a position on a mature, long
    since published spec, but if you think it's appropriate I will do so.

    I think it serves as a good signal that WebKit should prioritize
    shipping here as well, if they'll be the only engine without
    support - and if they have strong feelings as to why something
    should change before we do ship it, now is the time for them to
    provide that input before it's too late.

I opened a webkit standards position issue <https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/331>.

        Presumably this is behind a feature flag, correct?

    No it isn't. Again, I didn't think this merited that kind of
    treatment.

    Can you explain why you think this should be exempt, per

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/flag_guarding_guidelines.md?

    In the future, you can avoid these kinds of questions if you give
    a little bit more justification. :)

Sorry, the process requirements have expanded quite a bit since I last shipped web-exposed features. I will retrofit a feature flag (CL <https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/5375668>).