Hi Dan&Mike, for your concern that Firefox is still failing the WPTs at
https://wpt.fyi/results/selection/onselectionchange-on-distinct-text-controls.html,

that might be another issue. Let me make more explanation.

Actually, the final goal of w3c modifys the spec of selectionchange event
is to avoid firing duplicated selectionchange event which are not executed
yet on the same element(as Rniwa commented in his comment
<https://github.com/w3c/selection-api/issues/170#issuecomment-1956096554>).
Then in WebKit/WebCore, Rniwa submitted 2 CLs to achieve this ieda. The
first CL in WebKit is 276238@main <https://commits.webkit.org/276238@main>,
and in this CL they just modified the logic to fire selectionchange event
on input/textarea for the first step. Then the second CL in WebKit is
276388@main <https://commits.webkit.org/276388@main>, which finally avoided
to fire duplicated selectionchange events according to the latest spec on
firing
selectionchange event
<https://w3c.github.io/selection-api/#firing-selectionhange-event>.

So for this feature in Blink here , we also want to take 2 steps like
WebKit does that in the first CL we change to fire on input/textarea and
then sovle the duplicated events in the second CL. And those tests are
already modified to what both CLs are merged. So in the above test of
onselectionchange-on-distinct-text-controls.html, chrome and firefox should
be failed because only Safari has landed 2 CLs to avoid duplicated
selectionchange events. Or in other words, firefox might already dispatch
selectionchange event on elements but doesn't have the logic to avoid to
fire scheduled-but-not-executed events.

For WebKit, currently the two CLs are both landed in Safari Technology
Preview 192(link
<https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safari-technology-preview-release-notes/stp-release-192>),

but it might need some time to ship in Safari because Safari is updated
within OS updates.
For the status in FireFox, I'll double-check and confirm with Tkent(one
reviewer of my first CL).

Thanks,
Shuangshuang