On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 4:15 PM Anton Maliev <amal...@chromium.org> wrote:

> > Will developers have a way of knowing if the current site (where they
> may see breakage metrics) is opted-out of the grace period?
>
> Google is planning to build a site dashboard where developers can check on
> the status of their grace period and opt-out values. In the interim, Chrome
> DevTools shows an Issue for third-party cookies which are allowed due to
> the grace period - this can be used to validate whether the grace period is
> active for that particular client.

While that's potentially useful, that's not what I had in mind.
If a site opt-outs of the grace period, that may impact 3Ps that the site
embeds.
Those 3Ps (if they are not ready for it) are likely to notice some drop in
their functionality or conversion, but they'd need a way of attributing
that to the lack of 3P cookies.

At the same time, while writing this, I was reminded of
navigator.cookieEnabled
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/xU3gTW4aTfg/m/LaUu7IN2BAAJ?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Do I understand correctly that it would indicate the lack of 3P cookie
support in these cases?