Orca only *seems* slightly slower than NVDA to some because it works directly with the browser. I'll take that any day over a page taking twice as long to load because it first has to be loaded into the browser, and then it has to be loaded yet again into NVDA's virtual buffer. And forget dynamic content. I expect dynamic content to work, not to slow down the whole screen reader because that has to replace part of the virtual buffer, or to fail to work at all because the virtual buffer is immutable while a page is loaded.

And control+left arrow going to the link I clicked on last? Hell no! Give me control+left and right that read by words as expected, which is what Orca does. I don't want all that fancy blinky stuff they have on Windows that doesn't half work. Give me something that at least mostly works, and which can be improved in the near future, which is what I feel like I have now. I once heard from Janina Sajka, a well respected member of the w3c and the Linux Accessibility Working Group, that Firefox + Orca is the best combination currently available. I flatly refuse to disagree with that acessment.
~Kyle