On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Matt Taggart wrote:

So an interesting idea but they have some things they could improve.

I've been considering what one should run in parallel with the speed test to get an impression if the speedtest impacts performance of other flows / realtime flows, similar to what dslreports speedtest does.

I've considered running one or several simulated voip calls (50pps) and record RTT, PDV, packet loss etc for this session.

It would be interesting to hear any suggestions people have for a fairly simple codebase that does this that can be included in these kinds of test clients (both server and client end, and of course one that protects against reflection attacks etc).

iperf3 can be used for this, but from what I can see the iperf3 server code isn't very friendly to multiple parallel tests or even resilient against hung clients that doesn't close the test nicely.

I also considered using WebRTC or VoIP libraries, does anyone know what RTT/PDV/packet loss data can be extracted from some common ones?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se