On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:26:17 -0700
Dave Taht via Bloat <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> > 2. What would I recommend? Obviously, inserting something with cake into
> > the mix would help a lot. Even if they were willing to let me examine their
> > entire network (Comcast router, Apple Airport in our Airbnb unit, other
> > router?) I have no idea what kind of tar baby I would be touching. I don't
> > want to become their network admin for the rest of time.

By now most home routers do have option for some form of QoS but may default to
disabled.

The problem with interacting with mortals on technical topics is that you
create a debt.
It is often a multi-hour effort to resolve and the expectation is that this is
free.
So doing it for relatives (of course), fixing a local coffee shop where you
know the owner (sure),
but dealing with a one time AirBnb doesn't seem worth it.