Hi David,

> On Jan 9, 2024, at 00:15, David Schinazi <dschinazi.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My understanding is that Apple chose to report RTT as an inverse because
> people are used to "higher number means better". The target audience for
> network speed tests is the average slightly-tech-savvy consumer, and those
> aren't all familiar with what latency means. Also, car enthusiasts like RPMs
> :-)

        Yes, I understand the rationale, I am just not buying it 100%. As I
said people are well accustomed to values were "less is more" (prices, taxes,
marathon times, ...) and I am not sure whether catering to the lowest common
denominator is all that superior to teaching folks the relevant numbers...
After all the trade-off is that now if people want to decompose or aggregate
RPM values they need to deal with fractions... However for the responsiveness
draft I fully accept that ship has sailed and "bigger is better" it is ;)

Regards
        Sebastian