David Schinazi via Bloat <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
    > My understanding is that Apple chose to report RTT as an inverse because
    > people are used to "higher number means better". The target audience
    > for

Yes.  Stuart was pretty clear about this being the reason for the decision.
It seemed sound then and I still think it's sound.

    > network speed tests is the average slightly-tech-savvy consumer, and those
    > aren't all familiar with what latency means. Also, car enthusiasts like

Marketing people like bigger numbers.
That's where we want things to go: into advertisements.

(I keep asking for 128-bit internet, because it's better than 32-bit 1980s
crap, but then they answer: "Oh, yes! we have 125Mbs LTE")