I miss the days when teams could operate their own game servers on colo'd equipment. I ran several Tribes 2 servers for my team 20 years ago on a Linux server I shipped to a game hosting company in Kansas City. We also ran some of the early Battlefield servers. There were a lot of game servers like that. But the game publishers switched to operating their own servers to prevent teams from running servers that unlocked all the gated content, such as bonus weapons that a player had to earn with months of play. That was when I stopped playing those games.