On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Rzepa, Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With a week to go,   chunks of the  FOAF talk deriving from the  FOAFs
>  that seven of you put up , is nearing completion.

Meanwhile, I have been working on a FOAFdigger, looking for gems. It
takes a FOAF file as input, and recursively build a cache of FOAF
files and referened resources (such as foaf:interest, foaf:project).
The content is indexed with Strigi, and can be mined with a command
line client. For example, a lot of us have some interest in our Blue
Obelisk movement:

$ foafknows Obelisk
Searching FOAF for Obelisk...
n backends: 1
Friend's project: Egon Willighagen (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Henry Rzepa (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Rajarshi Guha (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Jerome Pansanel (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Jean-Claude Bradley (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Christoph Steinbeck (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's project: Egon Willighagen (see http://www.blueobelisk.org/)
Friend's other resource: Christoph Steinbeck (see
http://www.steinbeck-molecular.de/steinblog/)
Matching friend: Egon Willighagen (see
http://blueobelisk.sourceforge.net/people/egonw/foaf.xml)
Matching friend: Henry Rzepa (see http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/rzepa.xrdf)
Friend's project: Rajarshi Guha (see http://www.chembiogrid.org/index.html)
Friend's project: Egon Willighagen (see http://cb.openmolecules.net/)
Friend's project: Egon Willighagen (see http://cb.openmolecules.net/)
Friend's other resource: Egon Willighagen (see
http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/)
Friend's other resource: Jerome Pansanel (see http://pansanel.blogspot.com/)
http://blueobelisk.sourceforge.net/people/egonw/biblio.xml)
Friend's other resource: Egon Willighagen (see
http://blueobelisk.sourceforge.net/people/egonw/biblio.xml)
Friend's interest: Egon Willighagen (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemoinformatics)
Friend's interest: Egon Willighagen (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemoinformatics)
Friend's project: Jean-Claude Bradley (see http://usefulchem.wikispaces.com/)
Done.

There is some duplication, because the system oly recognized identical
URIs, and does not check the mbox yet.

The good thing is that it not just mines the FOAF files, but also
other resources, taking full advantage of Strigi, and Strigi-chemical
if you have that installed. The latter means you can search on InChI,
atom count, etc. Full text is done by the regular Strigi plugins. For
example:

$ foafknows hexaphyrin
Searching FOAF for hexaphyrin...
n backends: 1
Friend's interest: Henry Rzepa (see http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ol703129z)
Done.

In all cases is the name taken from the FOAF file, so it preserves the
semantic relation.

Egon

--
----