Hi, a number of people have probably already heard about Ubiquity for
Firefox (http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-ubiquity/) -
which to my mind is essentially Quicksilver for the browser. But for
those who haven't I thought I'd post t here

In any case it's amazingly handy - while browsing a page you could
select a piece of text and do things with it. For people on this
list, a natural thing to do would be cheminformatics stuff.

For example, select a SMILES and view a depiction or select a
compound name (common name, CAS RN etc) and get the SMILES for it,
etc. I've put up two Ubiquity commands that do this at http://
cheminfo.informatics.indiana.edu/~rguha/code/ubiquity/

Though stuff like Greasemonkey can do (and has done) similar things -
the "ubiquitousness" of Ubiquity is just plain cool!

Rajarshi Guha  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG Fingerprint: D070 5427 CC5B 7938 929C  DD13 66A1 922C 51E7 9E84
So the Zen master asked the hot-dog vendor,
"Can you make me one with everything?"
         - TauZero on Slashdot