On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I would prefer not to use the phrase "copyright owner" unless it is clear
> what is being copyrighted. You cannot formally copyright the data (although
> people do). You can copyright the database under European law though I would
> discourage this.

How should I interpret 'can' in that last sentence? Copyright, or
auteursrechten in Dutch, go get automatically? Do you not get, under
EU law, get copyright on database automatically?

Several contributors are EU citizen.

With the original choice of the MIT license we accepted that we
automatically get copyright, but still say what we mean. A CC0 would
make that situation even more clear.

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg