From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk<mailto:pm...@cam.ac.uk>>
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM
To: BlueObelisk-Discuss
<blueobelisk-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:blueobelisk-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [BlueObelisk-discuss] List of chemical names and identifiers

I am now enhancing contentmine.org<http://contentmine.org> to search the daily
literature and need dictionaries to match names. I don't mind false negatives
so am simply matching names, but they should have identifiers.

The format would simply be:
name="ethyl acetate" id="a123"

Peter Ertl has supplied a list of > 10000 wikipedia entries + Inchis (thanks).

I would ideally like classifications such as:
drugs (INNs)
pesticides
herbicides
etc.
as that will help to get non chemists interested.

The size of dictionaries can be between 100 and 100K approx.

Is there a simple way to get such a list out of ChEBI?

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics