Hi Peter, Rajarshi and Wibe,

Thanks for your input.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate for the 2D editor. We will explore what's available.

Paul (and Garib).

On 18/08/16 17:18, Garib Murshudov wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Wibe de Jong <wadej...@lbl.gov <mailto:wadej...@lbl.gov>>
*Subject: **Re: [BlueObelisk-discuss] Software for ligands*
*Date: *18 August 2016 17:16:03 BST
*To: *rajarshi.g...@gmail.com <mailto:rajarshi.g...@gmail.com>
*Cc: *Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk <mailto:pm...@cam.ac.uk>>, BlueObelisk-Discuss <blueobelisk-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net <mailto:blueobelisk-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>>, ga...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk <mailto:ga...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>

That's a nice overview paper. Started to look more into descriptors, so happy to see the listing of tools one can start from.

Some of the web components have been integrated into MongoChem (https://openchemistry.kitware.com/). Here we use a greatly extended version of Marcus' Chemical Json (reusing some of the CML naming conventions) to generate data and populate a MongoDB. The computational chemistry app used here is NWChem, for which we now have a CJson writer directly in the code (using an open source son fortran writer) and an extensive Python script (which I need to integrate into cclib at some point in the near future).

Bert