Hi Chris,

> I wonder if anyone else has had trouble with PHP-FPM on BlueOnyx5209R

Yeah, I have seen this before. The good news: It's fixed in SVN. The bad
news: Release of that update is on hold until all the IPv6 related code
changes pass muster.

Here are the two clues that indicate what was happening.

Among other things it said this:

>    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2017-11-13 14:41:04

"start-limit" is a bit more clarified in the log excerpt further below:

> Nov 13 14:41:32 web40 systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for
> php-fpm-7.0.service

If Systemd gets hammered with requests to restart a service, it
eventually pulls the rug under that service, not letting you do anything
with it. I don't even recall what the exact timeout for this behavior
is, but it's unreasonably long.

> So we reboot.  And that clears whatever the issue is.

Indeed. A reboot clears this and also some other Systemd related
oddities like the occasional "policytoolkit violation" that happens when
you try to start certain services manually w/o using their Systemd Unit
files.

The fix in SVN takes care of these repeated service restarts during
certain transactions such as CMU-Imports or cases where a lot of Vsite
related changes happen.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber