Hi Michael,

On 11/13/2017 3:36 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
Yeah, I have seen this before. The good news: It's fixed in SVN. The bad
news: Release of that update is on hold until all the IPv6 related code
changes pass muster.

Ah yes, OK. Well I'm glad I'm not the only one and that the fix is in the works. There's a comfort in numbers, sometimes. ;)

If Systemd gets hammered with requests to restart a service, it
eventually pulls the rug under that service, not letting you do anything
with it. I don't even recall what the exact timeout for this behavior
is, but it's unreasonably long.

So... what's hammering it with restart requests? ActiveMonitor? Something else? Whatever it was, it wasn't a human.

The fix in SVN takes care of these repeated service restarts during
certain transactions such as CMU-Imports or cases where a lot of Vsite
related changes happen.
If I read correctly, maybe the restarts were caused by some other process on the BlueOnyx server. ie: reconfiguration of service or something else that caused the restarts, perhaps by bumping around in the GUI. OK, good to know that the fix will help to alleviate that.

Thanks for checking on this for us!

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services