This seems to be a problem with CDH 5.8 or possibly 5.6+ because I have
installed it on 5.5 and older.  I think the problem is the parcel script
isn't being executed correctly based what you have said.  I will need to
setup a CDH env with 5.8 and try to reproduce in order to help.  In the
mean time if you come across any fixes let us know.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-blur/blob/master/cdh-parcel/src/assemble/cdh/parcel/meta/blur_parcel_env.sh

Thanks,
Aaron