Currently we are evaluating a cheap dedicated neonate monitor that Parker
Healthcare are distributing that has an inbuilt solution.

It has a small bean shaped vibrator that is velcro'ed under the baby's foot.

If the monitor senses apnoea it alarms and this probe vibrates to try and
startle the baby back into breathing.

We are about to trial it but the concept sounds good in theory.

Andy Lyons
Biomedical Test and Commissioning Officer
Top End Health Service,
NT Department of Health