Hi David,

David Nelson wrote on 2011-01-18 22.36:

My request for the alfresco.libreoffice.org sub-domain still holds.

I am willing to offer Christian/Florian full root access to the
system, if necessary, and to comply with all feasible requirements to
satisfy TDF.

Would it be appropriate to request consideration of this at the next SC meeting?

Or is the refusal firm and non-negotiable?

no, there's no refusal in general, don't worry. :-) I'm just looking on how we can keep the infrastructure constant. We've just reached a rather stable and security state, and I would like to keep what we have achieved. For sure, we will have to look for external offers and options, I do not want to have everything in control, neither do I have the time for that. It's just that we didn't come up with policies for that yet. :-)

So, don't take this as a refusal, but just a question for the ease of use: Would theoretically hosting Alfresco on one of our servers also be an option to consider, or do you see huge advantages of having it on yours?

And, as a side question: Is there anyone who actually uses Alfresco? I didn't follow the documentation list closely, but I want avoid the same "what tool do we need" discussion we have for the website. So, have the requirements and the possible tools already been discussed or is this basically a one man show?

Sorry for the direct questions, but I guess you know what I mean. I just want to avoid a group of people working on a tool they like, when there are issues with actually using it right now...

Thanks for your work!
Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108