Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2011-03-14 14.02:
Yes. This protocols helps to store data other than emails (for instance
it could be used to store documents, see the works from the unhosted
project). Implementing webfinger is perhaps already done (Gmail and
Yahoo implement it), it's just an obscure stuff no one really has heard
about but it could be of perennial importance.

I never heard about it, and I doubt that it is even available for simple e-mail forwarders. We will not *store* user's e-mails, but rather *forward* them to their real account. So, at least mid-term, for the @libreoffice.org forwarding service, I doubt webfinger will be important. I we plan to have something like an hosted or cloud solution, it might get important later on. :-)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108