Hi,

Andre Schnabel wrote on 2011-03-14 15.14:

As long as we do not have the foundation in legal terms, we should be
very carefull in partnering with external parties when it comes
to storing data. German law is very strict when it comes to storing
private data (there has been some discussions that even storing
IP addresses might be considered as private date, as it can be used
to identify a person).

So - mail forwarding should be ok (there should be a written agreement,
that no traffice data gets stored or archived).

For all the rest we should wait until we have the foundation. Not
speaking on behalf of OOoDeV here, but I'd like to prevent this risk
for the association.

thanks for raising this, and I absolutely agree. From a legal and technical perspective, now it is the wrong time to issue @libreoffice.org accounts. I, however, heard lots of people demanding it, so I wanted to be at least prepared to give them to our registered members.

If it can wait until the foundation has been legally established, that would be even better, of course.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108