Hi,

Tom Davies wrote on 2011-09-11 19:41:
As i understand it the current infra-structure is leading to Base gently
crumbling away through neglect.  Experienced devs steer well away from Base.
New ones need to learn more understanding about coding or about Base or about
both.  Every time an individual joins and is keen to work on some aspect of
Base they realise it's a completely tangled mess and they would be the only
person working on it so they get discouraged and give-up.

I doubt you will create more interest with yet another mailing list. What I would propose: Actually start *working* on Base, may it be documentation, code or any other aspect, and *then*, when there is enough discussion traffic, we can talk about another list. All other program modules currently have no need for their own list, so I would not make an exception for Base, but rather see if there is really a demand...

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108